Thursday, October 25, 2007

Budapest - טיול שורשים

Well, I just got back from an amazing three day tiyul with my father and siblings in Budapest - the city my father was born, went to school (until age 15), survived the Holocaust, and most importantly the city where our family's roots are firmly buried.

It was a real insight into the world where my father grew up and helped me to understand where our family comes from.

There is so much to write about it's hard to know where to start, but over the next few days I'll try to write down thoughts and memories, and hopefully will be able to make a coherent retelling of a truly amazing three days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you live in Budapest?
Nice city,fine food
Iloved Budapest more than Israel
I wounder how u can live in Israel
between Arabs all around you?